Nutritional Information Per Serve:
- Calories 488
- Protein 24g
- Carbs 13g
- Total Fat 36g (Saturated Fat 12g)
- 1kg chicken pieces on the bone
- 1 brown onion, thickly sliced
- 2 garlic gloves, crushed
- 2 tsp ground paprika
- 125g semi-dried tomatoes
- 320g jar grilled eggplant, drained, chopped
- 280g jar chargrilled capsicum, drained, thickly sliced
- 1 cup (160g) pitted mixed olives
- 1/2 cup (125ml) thickened cream
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) salt reduced chicken stock
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped oregano
- Preheat oven to 150C. Heat a large flameproof roasting pan over high heat. Add half the chicken. Cook, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until brown all over. Transfer to a heat proof bowl. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the onion softens. Add the garlic and paprika and cook for 1 minute or until aromatic. Return the chicken to the pan with tomatoes, eggplant, capsicum, olives, cream, stock and oregano. Bring to a simmer. Remove from heat.
- Cover and bake, stirring occasionally , for 1 1/4 hours or until the chicken is very tender and the sauce thickens slightly. Season to serve.