Prep & Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Makes: 16 fish bites: 2 per serve
Nutritional info per serve:
76.5 calories, 13.9g protein, 1.4g carbohydrates, 1.7g fibre, 1.7g fat (0.1g saturated).
- 300g firm white fish fillets, chopped
- 200g uncooked prawns, peeled, deveined, heads/tails removed
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ cup of fresh coriander, chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tblspn fresh ginger grated
- 1 tspn curry ‘mild’ powder
- ½ tspn dill
- 2 egg whites
- canola oil spray
- 2 tbslspn salt-reduced soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tblspn sweet chilli sauce
Step 1: First, make dipping sauce by combining soy sauce, lemon juice and chilli sauce in a small bowl. Lightly whisk then place in fridge to chill.
Step 2: In a large mixing bowl add fish, prawns, garlic, coriander, onions, ginger, curry and dill. Add egg whites and mix together well. Spoon mixture into blender or Magic Bullet and process until all ingredients are well combined. Repeat until all fish bite mixture has been used.
Step 3: Heat non-stick fry pan and spray with oil. Spoon mixture into small portions and shape into a patty. Add fish bite patties to fry pan and cook for 2 minutes each side until cooked through. Repeat with remaining patties.
Step 4: Serve immediately with steamed vegetables, or green leafy salad and dipping sauce.