Nutritional Information Per Serve:
- Calories 339
- Protein 30 g
- Fat 24.5 g
- Carbs 0 g
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 50 g smoked salmon slices, cut into thin strips
- fresh chives, snipped, to serve (optional)
- Break the eggs into a bowl and whisk thoroughly. Season with ground black pepper (the salmon will be fairly salty, so there is no need to add salt).
- Melt the butter with the oil in a medium non-stick- frying pan (approx. 19 cm) over medium heat. Pour egg mixture into the pan and let it cook for a few seconds. Using a wooden spoon, draw the egg in from the sides of the pan towards the centre and let uncooked egg run to fill its place. Repeat this several times. This will make the omelette look thicker and lighter.
- Sprinkle the salmon strips over and leave to cook for 1-2 minutes more, or until the omelette is lightly browned underneath and just set on top. The salmon should be warm and pale pink.
- Slide the omelette onto a plate, fold and sprinkle with freshly snipped chives if using.