Prep Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 3 hours 20 mins or 6-8 hours (depending on heat setting)
Nutrition Information Per Serve: Calories 174, Fat 5g, Carbs 15g (Fibre 3g, Sugars 5g), Protein 17g.
· 450g skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 3 cm pieces
· 3 cups chopped carrots
· 2 cups chopped onions
· 6 cloves garlic, minced
· 1 tbsp grated ginger
· 125ml salt-reduced chicken stock
· 1 cup light coconut milk
· 1 tbsp curry powder
· half tsp salt
· 1 quarter cup chopped coriander
· 1 tbsp lemon juice
1. Coat medium non-stick pan with cooking spray; heat over a medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir for 3 mins or until lightly browned. Drain off any excess fat.
2. In slow cooker, layer carrots, chicken, onions, garlic and ginger.
3. In bowl, whisk together broth, coconut milk, curry powder and salt. Pour over layered mixture in cooker.
4. Cover and cook on a low-heat setting for 6-8 hours, or alternatively on high for 3 to 4 hours.
5. Stir coriander and lemon juice to serve.