Prep Time: 10-15 mins
Cooking Time: 2-2.5 hrs
Makes: 4 serves
Nutritional info per serve:
265.2 calories, 35.5g protein, 1.1g carbohydrates, 0.2g fibre, 13.2g fat (5.4g saturated).
- 900g any type firm white fish fillets
- canola oil spray
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 (400g) can diced italian tomatoes
- 1/3 cup vegetable stock
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp curry powder – ¼ tsp cumin powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 1 small red chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and ground black pepper
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
Step 1: Spray oil and heat fry pan. Sauté onion until brown.
Step 2: Transfer onion to the slow cooker ceramic bowl, add tomatoes, stock, garlic, powdered spices (curry, cumin, turmeric), chili, ginger, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Cover and cook on high for 90 minutes.
Step 3: Add fish fillets to sauce, cover and continue cooking for 50 minutes to an 1 hour on LOW, or until the fish is tender and flakes with a fork.
Step 4: Place fillets onto serving plates. Stir in spring onions and coriander into sauce. Spoon sauce over the fish and serve immediately.