Nutritional Information Per Serve:
- Calories 264
- Protein 36 g
- Fat 12 g
- Carbs 3 g
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Juice of 1 lime (around 2 tbsp)
- 1/2 tsp crushed dried chilli flakes
- 2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (around 175g), cut into 16 long, thin strips
- lime wedges, to serve
- 1 green chilli, sliced (optional)
Ingredients For Satay Sauce:
- 60g no-added-sugar crunchy peanut butter (around 4 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 15g fresh root ginger, peeled and finely grated
- Have ready 15x20cm bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 15 minutes (or metal skewers if cooking on the barbecue or under the grill).
- Melt the oil in a small saucepan very gently then pour into a medium bowl. Add the lime juice, chilli flakes, soy sauce and a good grinding of black pepper. Mix well. Add the chicken strips and toss everything together well.
- Thread the chicken on to the skewers. Work quickly as the lime juice will start ‘cooking’ the chicken and the coconut oil could solidify.
- Place a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat and cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side, depending on thickness, or until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, to make the satay sauce, place the peanut butter in a small saucepan with around 4 tbsp water, the soy sauce and grated ginger. Heat gently, stirring constantly until the peanut butter softens and the mixture becomes glossy and thickened. Add a little more soy sauce or water to taste, if needed.
- Serve the chicken with lime wedges, chilli, if using, and the warm sauce in individual dipping bowls or simply drizzled over.