Nutritional info per serve: 180 calories, 20.6g protein, 14g carbohydrates, 1.6g fibre, 4.7g fat (1.1g saturated).
- 5 x 100g pouches of salmon or 500g of canned salmon
- 1 cup cooked brown rice (cooked prior)
- 2 green/spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley and chives, chopped
- 1 tsp orange & lemon zest
- 2 tbsp fruit chutney
- 1 small red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 8 egg whites (1 cup liquid whites)
- 1 whole egg
- Fresh black pepper for seasoning
- Canola cooking spray oil
Step 1: Preheat oven 200°C. Lightly spray a 20cm round cake/baking pan and line base with grease-proof paper.
Step 2: In a large mixing bowl, place cooked rice, salmon, onions, herbs, citrus zest, chutney, capsicum and carrot.
Step 3: In your blender or Magic Bullet, whisk eggs on high for 10 secs and pour over ingredients in bowl.
Step 4: Season with black pepper and mix everything together really well.
Step 5: Transfer and press mixture into cake tin, and bake in oven until golden and firm. Leave in tin for 5-7 mins before carefully turning slice out of tin.
Step 6: Cut into slices and serve with fresh veggies/salad.