These wraps are a great dish for summer. They’re delicious, nutritious, gluten-free and a great source of omega-3. They make look a little daunting to make but once you get the hang of it you will see how easy it is to churn them out.
Prep & Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Serves: Makes 20 wraps
Nutritional Information Per Wrap:
- 78.5 Calories, 11.8g Protein, 4.1g Carbs, 1.2g Fibre, 1.6g Fat.
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 cup bean / bamboo shoots
- 1 carrot, large sliced
- 2 lebanese cucumbers, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 2 tbsp unsalted peanuts, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
- cracked pepper to taste
- 1 (425g) can tuna in spring water (drained)
- 20 sheets rice paper, round (250g packet)
- ½ fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp sweet thai chili sauce
- ½ tsp brown sugar
- Wash and slice all vegetables into thin, 5cm long strips (approx). Place vegetables onto a large plate. In a cup, mix together lime juice, chili sauce and brown sugar. Brush over vegetables. Add chopped peanuts, coriander and cracked pepper. Mix together with a fork.
- Soak one sheet of rice paper at a time in a dish of hot water until soft (approx 20 seconds). Remove from water and drain well. Place tuna and veg on corner of the rice paper. Drizzle on dressing and roll up, folding in the edges as you go.
- Serve with a fresh coriander garnish beside the dressing