Nutritional Information Per Serve:
- Calories 192
- Protein 28 g
- Carbs 3 g
- Fat 5 g
- 1 kg pork shoulder joint, rind on
- 45 g tomato puree (around 3 tbsp)
- 30 g chipotle paste (around 2 tbsp)
- Juice of 3 large oranges
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tsp flaked sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Place all the marinade ingredients in a large non-metallic bowl and whisk until combined.
- Remove any string from the pork and put the joint in the marinade. Turn several times to coat.
- Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 170C/fan, 150C/gas 3. Put the pork and the marinade in a casserole dish, cover and bake for about 3 hours, or until the pork falls apart when prodded with a fork. Check after a couple of hours, adding water if needed to keep the pork moist.
- Transfer to a warmed platter and shred with two forks, discarding the rind and fat. Spoon the cooking juice over.