Nutritional Information Per Serve:
- Calories 463
- Protein 45g
- Carbs 15g Sugar 6g
- Total Fat 23g Saturated Fat 8g
- 1 cup (75g) panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (20g) finely grated parmesan
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 800g pork leg schnitzels
- Olive oil to shallow-fry
- 1 large eggplant, sliced crossways
- 500g tomato passata
- 200g mozzarella, sliced
- green salad to serve
- Place the breadcrumbs, parmesan, garlic and parsley in a shallow bowl and stir to combine. Season. Place the egg in a separate shallow bowl. Dip 1 pork steak in the egg, then in the breadcrumb mixture and turn to coat. Transfer to a plate. Repeat, in batches, with the remaining pork, egg and breadcrumb mixture.
- Add enough oil to a large frying pan to come 1cm up the side of the pan. Heat over medium high heat. Cook the pork, in batches, for 3 minutes each side or until the pork is golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Wipe the pan clean.
- Add enough oil to the frying pan to come 1cm up the side. Heat over medium-high heat. Cook the eggplant, in batches, for 1 minute each side or until golden brown. Transfer to another plate lined with paper towel.
- Preheat grill on high. Line a large baking tray with foil. Place the pork on the lined tray. Spoon the pasta sauce evenly over the pork. Top with the eggplant and mozzarella. Cook under the grill for 5 minutes or until mozzarella melts and is golden.
- Divide the pork mixture and salad evenly among serving plates. Season.