Nutritional Information Per Serve:
- Calories 241
- Protein 21 g
- Carbs 0.5 g
- Fat 17 g
- 2 medium eggs, fridge cold
- 5 g of butter or 1 tsp olive oil
- 75 g small chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- A large handful of baby spinach leaves
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Fill a pan a third of the way with water and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Break each egg into a cup, then tip one at a time into the pan. Cook over a very low heat, with the water hardly bubbling, for about 3 minutes, until the whites are set and the yolks remain runny.
- While the eggs are poaching, melt the butter or oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and stir-fry the mushrooms for 2-3 minutes, until lightly browned. Add the spinach and toss until just wilted. DON’T OVERCOOK or lots of liquid will be released. Season with salt & pepper.
- Spoon the mushrooms & spinach onto a warmed plate. Drain the eggs with a slotted spoon and place on top of the vegetables. Season with more pepper to serve.