Prep & Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Nutrition Information Per Serve:
- Calories 257
- Protein 20g
- Fat Total 16g (Saturated Fat 4g)
- Carbs Total 5g
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 400g Swiss brown mushrooms, halved
- 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 bunches of asparagus, trimmed, halved
- 100g snow pea sprouts, trimmed
- 6 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 bunch fresh chives, chopped
- 30g (1/3 cup) finely grated pecorino or parmesan
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add mushroom and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until browned.
- Stir in onion and garlic and cook for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Add asparagus and cook for 1-2 minutes until tender crisp.
- Stir through sprouts until just wilted. Remove pan from heat, set aside and keep warm.
- Whisk eggs, egg whites and 2 tablespoons of water in a large bowl. Season well. Spray a small 24cm non-stick frying pan with oil. Heat over medium-high heat.
- Pour in a quarter of the egg mixture and swirl to coat base. Cook omelette for 1-3 minutes or until just set.
- Carefully slide onto a plate. Repeat with remaining egg mixture to make 4 omelettes.
- Top each omelette with the mushroom mixture, chives and cheese. Season with freshly ground pepper and serve immediately.