Make it Mexican tonight! A fresh, sweet tasting salsa guaranteed to liven up any dish. A delicious combination of flavours that will compliment any choice of meat. What are you waiting for….Put on your dancing shoes and salsa to it!
Prep & cooking time: 15 minutes
- Energy (k/cal): 147.3, Protein: 26.2g, Carbs: 8.6g (sugar: 4.1g), Fibre: 1.4g, Fat: 0.9g (saturated: 0.3g)
- 3 x large corn cobs, trimmed, leaves removed.
- 2x (400g) cans black beans, drained
- 3 large red capsicums, quartered, deseeded
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- Canola cooking oil spray
- 2 teaspoons sweet chilli sauce
- Juice of 2 freshly squeezed limes
- 2 fresh small chilies, deseeded, finely chopped
- Rock salt and freshly cracked pepper
- Cook corn and capsicum on heated oil grill plate (or grill or barbeque) until lightly browned and tender. When corn and capsicum are cool to handle, use a sharp knife to remove the kernels from the cobs and to cut the capsicum into small chunks/pieces.
- Place black beans, onion, corn, capsicum and cilantro in a medium mixing bowl, toss gently to combine.
- In a small mixing jug or small screw-top jar, combine all the dressing ingredients and shake/whisk together well. Pour over salsa and serve with your choice of first class protein. Personally I love this salsa served with hot barbeque chicken!