This healthy mug-cake is quick to make, with a whopping 52 grams of protein and only 12 grams of carbs.
- 1 scoop (30g) chocolate Bioflex Biofurnace protein powder
- 1 whole egg, large
- 1 Tbsp natural peanut butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Coconut oil spray or similar for coating mug
- 1 scoop (30g) vanilla Bioflex Biofurnance protein powder
- 1 1/2 Tbsp of water
- Chopped nuts for topping (optional)
- Whisk all the cake ingredients together in a bowl to make the batter.
- Lightly spray or smear a large mug with coconut oil. Spoon the batter into the mug.
- Microwave for around 60-90 seconds. Your microwave’s power and the thickness of the mug with affect cooking time, but a minute is about right.
- Use this time to make your vanilla drizzle: mix the protein powder with the water and stir until a thick frosting forms. Use more or less water as needed to get the consistency you want.
- Top your mug cake with the drizzle, add chopped nuts if you’d like, and dig in.
- Reverse the protein powder flavours (i.e. use vanilla protein for the cake and chocolate protein for the drizzle).