Prep & Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Makes: 5 serves (2 each)
Nutritional info per serve: 216.8 calories, 38g protein, 10.8g carbohydrates, 2.2g fibre, 2.4g fat (0.6g saturated).
- 10 wooden skewers
- ¾ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Season with fresh cracked black pepper
- 800g skinless chicken breasts or thigh fillets (remove excess visible fat), cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 medium yellow capsicum, de-seeded and cubed
- 1 medium green capsicum, de-seeded and cubed
- 1 medium red capsicum, de-seeded and cubed
- 2 small zucchinis, cut into 1.5cm rounds, halved
- 1 medium red onion, halved, sliced
- Olive oil cooking spray
Step 1: Soak skewers in cold water for 30 minutes.
Step 2: In a medium bowl, combine lemon juice, oregano, garlic and black pepper; mix well.
Step 3: Add chicken; cover and marinate in the refrigerator 15-20 minutes. (Can marinate for longer or overnight.)
Step 4: Dividing ingredients evenly, thread capsicum, zucchini, onion and chicken onto soaked skewers.
Step 5: Discard leftover marinade.
Step 6: Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Step 7: Lightly spray skewers with oil (to prevent sticking).
Step 8: Barbecue skewers, turning occasionally, for 6-8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Step 9: Serve with a large leafy salad.