Prep & Cooking Time: 12 mins
Nutritional Information Per Serve:
- Calories 455
- Protein 49 g
- Total Carbs 3 g
- Total Fats 26 g (Saturated Fat 6 g)
- Sodium 141.06 mg
- Cholesterol 128 mg
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 500 g button mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 300 g roast capsicum pieces (or 2 roasted capsicums, finely chopped)
- 4 x 200g lamb back-straps, each split into 2 thin steaks
- 2 cups of watercress sprigs
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a deep fry pan, add mushrooms and toss for 3 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute, then add vinegar and 2 tablespoons of water and toss for a further 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in capsicum. Season, then set aside.
- Heat a char-grill pan or large non-stick fry pan over medium-high heat. Season lamb and drizzle with remaining olive oil.
- In batches, if necessary, cook steaks for 3 minutes, turning once for medium rare or until cooked to your liking.
- Add watercress to mushrooms and toss to combine. Divide lamb and mushrooms among 4 serving plates, then serve immediately.