Prep & Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Nutritional Information Per Serve:
- Calories 432
- Protein 24 g
- Total Carbohydrates 5 g
- Total Fats 35 g (Saturated Fat 7 g)
- Cholesterol 58 mg
- Sodium 142.43 mg
- 2 (about 500 g) lamb eye of loin (backstrap)
- 240 g green beans, topped
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, halved length ways, thinly sliced
- 1/2 bunch watercress picked, washed
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 x 75 g packet toasted pine nuts
- 30 g (1/3 cup) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) fresh lemon juice
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add lamb and cook for 4-5 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil and set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Thinly slice.
- Meanwhile, cook beans in a saucepan of boiling water for 3-4 minutes or until bright green and tender crisp. Refresh under cold running water. Drain.
- To make pesto dressing, place the basil, pine nuts, Parmesan and garlic in the bowl of a food processor and until coarsely chopped. With the motor running, gradually add the oil in a thin, steady stream until well combined. Add the lemon juice and process until smooth.
- Combine the beans, tomato, cucumber and watercress in a bowl. Divide among serving plates and top with lamb. Drizzle over pesto dressing and season with pepper to serve.