Prep & Cooking Time: 35 mins
Nutritional Information Per Serve:
- Calories 292
- Protein 34 g
- Total Carbs 9 g
- Total Fat 12 g (Saturated Fat 4 g)
- Sodium 106 mg
- 1/2 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/2 large bunch of kale, trimmed, torn into pieces
- 400 g can brown lentils, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh continental parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced, plus lemon wedges, to serve
- 2 teaspoons brown mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 12 small French trimmed lamb cutlets
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C degrees fan forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Spread the cauliflower over the prepared tray and spray lightly with oil. Roast for 15 minutes. Add the kale to tray. Spray kale with a little more oil and return to the oven for 8-10 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender and kale is crisp.
- Meanwhile, place the lentils in a large bowl with the onion, parsley, oil, honey, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of lemon rind. Toss to combine. Set aside.
- Combine the mustard seeds, cumin, turmeric and 1 teaspoon of the lemon rind in a small bowl. Sprinkle the spice mixture evenly over the lamb cutlets. Spray lightly with oil. Preheat a char-grill or large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat and cook the cutlets for 2 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil and set aside to rest for 3 minutes.
- Add the roasted vegetables to the lentils. Gently stir to combine. Serve cutlets with the lentil salad and lemon wedges.