Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 8-10hrs
Makes: 8 serves
Nutritional info per serve: 402.8 calories, 41.3g protein, 39.6g carbohydrates, 4.8g fibre, 8.8g fat (3.2g saturated).
- 1kg lamb stew meat, cut into 1½ inch cubes
- 1 large brown onion, sliced
- 300g pumpkin, cut into 2cm cubes
- 200g green beans, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 2 large zucchinis, sliced
- 2 tins (410g) mushrooms in butter sauce
- 1 (500g) VeLish pumpkin soup
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp mild curry powder
- 1 tsp (heaped) cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp salt-reduced soy sauce (optional)
- 2 (420g) cans chickpeas, drained
Step 1: In your ceramic crock pot add onion, pumpkin, beans, carrots and zucchini. In a separate bowl, mix cumin, cayenne pepper, curry powder, salt and pepper.
Step 2: Add lamb & toss to coat. Place lamb on top of vegetables. Add mushrooms, pumpkin soup, garlic, soy sauce and coriander. Give mixture a good stir through. Cover up & cook for 8-10 hrs on LOW.
Step 3: Stir in chickpeas 30 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh sprigs of coriander and serve with steamed broccoli.