Servings: 6 | Prep: 10min | Cook: 90min
Nutritional information: (average serve)
- Calories: 1662
- Protein: 103g
- Carbs: 6.5g
- Fat total: 110g Saturated Fat 52g
The turkey breast:
2 turkey breasts, skin on, bone-in
2 heads of garlic, roughly peeled and sliced horizontally
2 medium onions, quartered
Fresh rosemary sprigs
The garlic herb butter turkey:
2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
Salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon crushed red chili pepper flakes
1. How to make this Roasted Turkey Breast with Garlic Herb Butter
Remove all oven racks except for one. Set this rack in the next-to-the-lowest position. Preheat your oven to 230ºC.
2. In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients for the turkey herb butter. Using your fingers, gently loosen the skin covering each turkey breast by gently running your fingers between the skin and the turkey meat, taking care not to tear the skin. Place herbed butter under the skin and gently press on the skin to spread the herb butter evenly. Repeat on the other side so the entire turkey breast is stuffed with herb butter under the skin. Spread the remaining herb butter over, and beneath the turkey breast.
3. Place turkey breast, breast side up, inside a large roasting pan. Cut a piece of foil big enough to cover the turkey’s breast. Arrange quartered onion, garlic and rosemary around the turkey. Season the garnish with salt and pepper.
4. Place the turkey breast in the oven, breast side up. Roast until nicely browned, 20–30 minutes. Apply the prepared foil over the turkey breast to cover.
5. Reduce oven temperature to 180ºC and return turkey breast to oven, foil securely in place. Do not open oven to baste the turkey breast. Roast until a cooking thermometer registers 72ºC, approximatively 1 hour to 1.5 hours. When nearly done, you can remove the foil and crisp up the skin under the broiler for 2 minutes. Allow the roasted turkey breast to rest for 15-20 minutes before slicing and serving. Transfer the turkey breast to a serving dish and garnish with fresh rosemary, the quartered onion, roasted garlic, and quartered pomegranate. Enjoy!