Brussel sprouts are a cruciferous vegetable and are one of the most nutritious foods available. They are rich in vitamins C, E, folate, beta-carotene and iron as well as a unique spectrum of phytonutrients.
Prep & Cooking Time: 10 mins
Nutritional Information per serve:
353 calories, 49.6g protein, 22.6g carbs, 5.2g fibre, 7.2g fat.
- 1 tbsp virgin olive oil or canola oil spray
- 1 red capsicum, sliced into 5cm long, thin strips
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 650g tuna chunks in spring water (drained)
- 250g roma tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp brown / raw sugar
- 375g brussel sprouts, washed well and sliced in halves or quarters
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives, sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh basil & coriander, both finely chopped
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- pine nuts to garnish (optional)
- Heat oil in fry pan or wok, and stir-fry capsicum and garlic for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tuna, roma tomatoes, sugar, brussel sprouts, olives and fresh herbs.
- Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Season with pepper and serve immediately. Sprinkle pine nuts as garnish (optional).