Prep & Cooking Time: 35 mins
Makes: 4 serves.
Nutritional info per serve:
339.5 calories, 43.6g protein, 18.1g carbohydrates, 4g fibre, 10.3g fat (4.3g saturated).
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Canola oil spray
- 1 brown onion, roughly diced
- 600g mushrooms, cut into chunks
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 500g lean beef strips
- 1 red capsicum, sliced or chopped
- 1 green capsicum, sliced or chopped
- 1 (400g) tin crushed tomatoes
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 2 tbsp salt-reduced soy sauce
- Salt & pepper for seasoning
- 1 cup Chobani plain yoghurt
Step 1: Heat a large non-stick frying pan and lightly spray with canola oil. Add chopped onion and cook until just starting to soften.
Step 2: Next add garlic, mushrooms and white wine vinegar, cook until mushrooms have “shrunk”. Now add beef strips and cook, stirring constantly, for about 5-6 minutes until meat has browned.
Step 3: Add capsicums, tomatoes, wine, paprika, parsley and soy sauce. Stir until capsicums are covered in sauce, then simmer for around 10 minutes. By now the sauce will be thick and dark and capsicums will be just soft.
Step 4: Remove frying pan from heat and serve with vegetables or salad and if you like, place ¼ cup of Chobani yoghurt on top or stir through just before serving, once frying pan has been removed from heat.