Stroganoff Serves: 4
Prep & Cooking Time: 50 mins
Nutrition Information Per Serve:
- Calories 295
- Protein 35g
- Fat Total 13g (Saturated Fat 5g)
- Carbs Total 6g
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 500g beef fillet, fat trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced
- 200g Swiss brown mushrooms, halved or sliced
- 200g button mushrooms, halved or sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 200ml salt-reduced beef stock
- 60ml (1/4 cup) reduced-fat sour cream
- 100g baby spinach
- 2 x 250g pkt zucchini noodles
- Steamed green beans, to serve
- Baby parsley leaves, to serve
- Heat half the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook the beef, in 2 batches, for 2 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat the remaining oil in same pan over medium heat. Cook the onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the mushrooms and increase heat to high. Cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until browned.
- Add the garlic and paprika and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low, return the beef to the pan and gently simmer for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- Stir through the cream and spinach and cook until spinach has just wilted.
- Microwave the zucchini noodles following packet directions. Serve the beef with the zucchini noodles and steamed green beans, and sprinkled with the parsley.