Prep & Cooking Time: 40 mins
Nutritional Information Per Serve:
- Calories 300
- Protein 29g
- Fat Total 18g (Saturated Fat 3g)
- Carbs Total 5g
- Cholesterol 78mg
- Sodium 213mg
- 4 salmon fillets (roughly 140g each)
- 2 tablespoons & 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- salt & freshly ground pepper
- 3 tomatoes chopped or 1 can (400g) of chopped tomatoes , drained
- 2 shallots chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Sprinkle salmon fillets with 2 teaspoons olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, stir the tomatoes, shallots, 2 tablespoons of oil, lemon juice, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper together.
- Place a salmon fillet, oiled side down, atop a sheet of foil. Wrap the ends of the foil to form a spiral shape.
- Spoon the tomato mixture over the salmon. Fold the sides of the foil over the fish and tomato mixture, covering completely; seal the packets closed.
- Place the foil packet on a heavy large baking sheet. Repeat until all of the salmon have been individually wrapped in foil and placed on the baking sheet.
- Bake until the salmon is just cooked through, about 15-20 minutes. Using a large metal spatula, transfer the foil packets to plates and serve with your choice of green vegetables.