Nutritional Information Per Serve:
- Calories 238
- Protein 33 g
- Fat 10.5
- Carbs 3 g
- 2 tsp Chinese five spice
- 4 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced (optional)
- Put the Chinese five spice, soy sauce, sesame oil and garlic in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Slash each chicken drumstick through the thickest part 2-3 times and add to the marinade. Mix well.
- Cover and leave in the fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes, or ideally several hours, turning occasionally. Preheat the oven to 220c/fan 200c/gas. Line a large baking tray with foil. Place the drumsticks on the prepared tray, reserving any marinade left in the bowl, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, brush the chicken generously with the remaining marinade and return to the oven for 10-15 minutes, until the chicken is tender and cooked thoroughly. Serve with steamed pak choi or spring greens, or a large mixed salad. Garnish with the spring onions.