A healthier twist on an indulgent classic. The enchiladas are wrapped in the zucchini, making this recipe a soft but delicious meal.
Prep & Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Serves: 6 (2 enchiladas per serve)
Nutritional Information Per Serve: Calories: 304 Total Fat: 14.4g Saturated Fat: 6.2g Carbohydrates: 12.2g Fiber: 3.4g Sugar: 5g Protein: 33.4g
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- salt to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 1/3 cup red enchilada sauce
- 4 large zucchini, (sliced with mandolin or peeler)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream, for drizzling
- Fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
1) Preheat oven to 180ºC
2) In large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and salt.
3) Cook until golden and brown (5 min). Add garlic, cumin, chili powder, shredded chicken and 1 cup enchilada sauce.
4) Stir well until combined.
5) Using a vegetable peeler or a mandolin make thin slices of zucchini. On a cutting board, lay out four zucchini slices slightly overlapping. Then, add two tablespoons of chicken mixture on top. Roll up and transfer carefully to a baking dish. Repeat with remaining zucchini and chicken mixture.
6) After that, use remaining enchilada sauce to top the zucchini enchiladas. Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese.
7) Bake for approximately 20 minutes and until cheese is melted. Garnish with sour cream and cilantro and serve.