Serves 4 | 315 calories per serve
Nutritional Information Per Serve:
- Calories – 315cal
- Protein – 33.6g
- Carbs – 6.4g
- Fat Total – 16.6g
- Saturated Fats – 4.2g
640g chicken thigh fillets, halved
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
200g button mushrooms, halved
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 cup salt reduced chicken stock
6 sage leaves
1 stalk parsley
400g can chopped tomatoes
8 black olives (optional)
¼ cup chopped parsley
Steamed vegetables or Notatoes to serve
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until golden on all sides. Remove and set aside.
- Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes or until soft then add the mushrooms and garlic and cook for 2 minutes or until the mushrooms are starting to colour.
- Add the stock, sage, stalk of parsley and tomatoes and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer covered for 25 minutes.
- If the sauce is not thick enough, remove the chicken and boil the sauce uncovered until it thickens.
- Add the olives and parsley and serve with steamed vegetables or Notatoes.