Nutritional Info Per Serve:
- Calories 223
- Protein 20.5 g
- Carbs 15.5 g
- Fat 8 g
- 1 tbsp olive or coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 capsicum, any colour, de-seeded and cut roughly into 1.5 cm chunks
- 2 tbsp medium curry powder
- 1x 400 g can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 50 g dried red split lentils
- 225 g frozen spinach
- 200 g cooked chicken, roughly chopped
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick saucepan, add the onion and pepper and gently fry for 5 minutes, or until softened. Stir in the curry powder and cook for a few more seconds.
- Add the tomatoes and bring to the boil. Keep stirring for a couple more minutes, then crumble over the chicken stock cube and add 1 L of water. Rinse the lentils and add to the pan, along with the frozen spinach, and bring to a simmer. Season well with sea salt and ground black pepper. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the chicken pieces and cook for 8-10 minutes more, or until the lentils are soft and the spinach is completely thawed, stirring regularly. Add extra water if the soup thickens too much. Adjust the seasoning to taste and serve in deep bowls with lemon wedges for squeezing over.