Nutritional Information Per Serve:
- Calories 260
- Protein 37.5g
- Carbs 5.5g
- Fat Total 8.5g Saturated Fat 3g
- 4 small chicken breasts
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 25g dried porcini mushrooms
- 180ml (3/4 cup) warm water
- 2 green shallots, sliced
- 1 leek, white part only, sliced
- 500ml (2 cups) liquid chicken stock
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200g Swiss brown mushrooms, cleaned, sliced
- 5 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp crème fraiche
- Blanched broccolini or green beans, to serve
- Fresh baby parsley leaves, to serve
- Place chicken on a plate and drizzle with 1 tsp of oil. Toss to coat. Season well. Place dried porcini mushrooms in a bowl and cover with warm water. Set aside for 10 minutes to soak. Drain, reserving soaking liquid. Roughly chop rehydrated porcini and set aside.
- Heat a large heavy-based frying pan over high heat. Cook chicken for 3 minutes or until golden on 1 side. Turn and cook for 3 minutes or until almost cooked through. Transfer to a clean plate.
- Reduce heat to medium and add remaining oil. Cook shallot and leek, stirring, for 5 minutes or until golden and caramelised. Add stock, garlic, porcini and soaking liquid, mushroom, thyme and mustard. Stir and bring to a simmer. Return chicken to the pan. Cook for 5 minutes. Stir in crème fraiche. Simmer for a further 3-5 minutes or until sauce has reduced and thickened.
- Slice chicken and serve with mushroom sauce and broccolini or green beans. Top with baby parsley leaves to serve.