Easy, super tasty and healthy!
This combo of chicken, mushrooms, tomatoes and herbs provide just the right flavour that hits the spot.
This rich-tasting Italian classic has a wonderful aroma and is extremely flavoursome. Best served with steamed green veggies– beans and/or broccoli.
Prep & Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Energy (k/cal): 302.9, Protein: 50.7g, Carbs: 13.1g (sugar: 7.7g), Fibre: 5.5g, Fat: 5.3g (saturated: 2.1g)
- Canola oil spray
- 600g chicken breast fillets, halved
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 2 fresh cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 400g can crushed roma tomatoes
- 1 tbsp mixed Italian herbs
- 250g steamed green beans
- Cracked pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley sprigs to garnish
- Spray fry pan with oil and heat over medium heat. Cook chicken breasts, turn for 5 minutes until browned. Remove from heat and transfer to a plate.
- Spray fry pan with a little more oil and heat. Add onion and stir until soft and brown. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Return chicken and add olives, capsicum, mushrooms, tomatoes and mixed herbs.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 10 minutes until chicken is cooked through and tomatoes have thickened.
- Serve with fresh steamed green beans. Garnish with fresh parsley sprigs and cracked pepper.