Prep & Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Makes: 2 serves
Nutritional info per serve:
191.2 calories, 23.1g protein, 12.1g carbohydrates, 3g fibre, 5.6g fat (2.2g saturated).
- 8 egg whites
- 2 whole eggs
- Canola oil cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium red capsicum, de-seeded, sliced into strips
- ½ garlic clove, chopped and minced
- 30g crumbled low-fat feta cheese
- 7-8 cherry tomatoes, halved/chopped
- 3-4 basil leaves, finely chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
Step 1: Spray fry pan with cooking spray and put on medium heat.
Step 2: Add onions, and capsicum. Cook for 3-4 minutes until softened.
Step 3: Next stir garlic through onion / capsicum mixture, and remove pan from heat.
* Note: The skin of the garlic is delicate. It doesn’t require direct contact with heat. The heat from the ingredients already in the in pan is enough to soften the skin and enable the flavour of the garlic to subtly permeate through the onions and capsicum.
Step 4: In a mixing bowl, add egg whites and whole eggs, milk and salt & pepper. Whisk together well.
Step 5: Return fry pan back to medium heat, pour eggs over the onion capsicum mixture. Using a fork or the whisk continue to break and move the eggs around the pan as they cook. This helps to separate the eggs, making them light and fluffy.
Step 6: Just before serving, add feta cheese, tomatoes and basil to the pan and stir together.
Step 7: Plate up and drizzle with flaxseed oil.