Nutrition Information Per Serve: Calories: 340 / Protein: 24g / Fat: 18g / Carbohydrates: 10g / Fibre: 6g
- 750 g green cabbage
- 150 g butter
- 600 g ground beef
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 scallions, in slices
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, finely chopped or grated
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 225ml mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp wasabi paste
- Shred the cabbage finely using a sharp knife or a food processor.
- Fry the cabbage in 60–90g of butter in a large frying or wok pan on medium-high heat, but don’t let the cabbage turn brown. It takes a while for the cabbage to soften.
- Add spices and vinegar. Stir and fry for a couple of minutes more. Put the cabbage in a bowl.
- Melt the rest of the butter in the same frying pan. Add garlic, chili flakes and ginger and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add ground meat and brown until the meat is thoroughly cooked and most of the juices have evaporated. Lower the heat a little.
- Add scallions and cabbage to the meat. Stir until everything is hot. Add salt and pepper to taste, and top with the sesame oil before serving.
- Mix together the wasabi mayonnaise by starting with a small amount of wasabi and adding more until the flavour is just right. Serve the stir-fry warm with a dollop of wasabi mayonnaise on top.